Remember back in June when I posted a picture of a block I was working on? Well, I finally finished printing it on Friday. Why did it take so long, you ask? Turns out employment muscles its way into time that could otherwise be spent in the print studio. That, and I ended up laying down 2 more colors than I had originally planned, which also included carving a 3rd block to get the finally print how I wanted it. Anywho, it's a multiple-block suicide, 10 colors printed on machine made Mulberry. The final paper size is 12.5x16.5" with an edition of 25. Later on I'll post some of the process photos because I always think it's interesting to see what goes into the final piece.
Now, if you want to pick up one of these little suckers, they will be available this Thursday and Friday at the annual USU Print Sale along with whatever other prints I can find floating around in my drawer here at home. Most of mine will probably be in the 40-60 dollar range, so bring your checkbook and support a good cause (me).
1 year ago